Continuum Aquatics Reef Basis KH Buffer 500g
A high quality, multi-component blended true buffering system designed to raise the alkalinity or buffering capacity of marine fish and reef aquariums and automatically regulate the pH.
- Provides a stable alkalinity and pH for your fish and corals
- Helps to prevent the buildup of harmful acids
- Promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria
- Helps to prevent pH from crashing
- Supports the health of corals and other marine life
Reef Basis KH Buffer is a high-quality, multi-component blended true buffering system designed to raise the alkalinity or buffering capacity of marine fish and reef aquariums and automatically regulate the pH.
It is a safe and effective way to maintain the alkalinity level of your aquarium, which is essential for the health and well-being of your fish and corals.
- Maintains a stable pH level
- Promotes the growth of coralline algae and other beneficial organisms
- Reduces the risk of pH swings
- Easy to use and dose
Use in aquarium keeping.
Proper control of pH is one of the most critical functions of a marine fish or reef aquarium. Continuum recommends that you maintain an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L) and a pH of 8.3.
*Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
Do not add simultaneously with calcium or mineral supplements, wait 30 minutes minimum and allow for plenty of circulation prior. Alternate days is even better. By waiting, you will avoid unnecessary precipitation and possible cloudiness.