Water circulated through the filter is cleaned in two stages:
- Mechanical Filtration
Firstly debris and large particles are removed by the foam sponge.
- Chemical or Biological Filtration
By filling the media container with either carbon, which enhances purity and clarity of water, or ceramic media, for bacteria colonization which controls the nitrate level.
- High-level performance
- Very low energy consumption
- Contains media box with carbon
- Multi directional flow control
- Click In - Click Out system
- Built in aeration feature
- Very quiet and reliable
- Australian Plug
The Hydor Crystal filter incorporates a Venturi system for the oxygenation of the water.
In order to work correctly the air intake has to be above the water level.
The quantity of air can be adjusted by the air ‑flow control knob.
The flow can be directed over 90° by rotating the filtering unit and the deflector.
The water flow can be suited to the tank size and fish kept by the flow control knob.
- Always disconnect all electrical equipment from the electricity supply before putting your hands in the water and be sure that the voltage of the mains supply corresponds to the voltage shown on the label of the unit.
- Remove the pump and filter unit from the cradle by pivoting them on the bottom pin.
- Open the pump and pull the media container with the given carbon.
- Mount the pump again. Ensure that the mark of the pump corresponds to mark of the filter cover.
- Mount the suction cups onto the bracket.
- Mount the cradle onto the glass with the water intakes at the bottom, after having carefully cleaned the glass.
- It is recommended that the filter is installed in a back corner of the tank. The water level should not go over the line of the upper/superior cover of the pump.
- Place the filter unit onto the bottom pin and pivot the unit until it locks into the top part of the cradle.
Warnings and Notes:
- The filter is intended for indoor use only.
- The filter is designed for use in fluids up to 35° C.
- Be sure that the voltage of the mains supply corresponds to the voltage shown on the label of your power unit.
- Before connecting the mains supply be sure that the product or the cord are absolutely undamaged.
- The cord cannot be replaced or repaired, in case of damaging the unit has to be scrapped.
- Reassemble everything in reverse order, make sure that the bearings are positioned correctly allowing the rotor a correct axial movement and that the rotor holder is placed correctly.