Test for Nitrite (NO2)
Nitrite (NO2) is among the most toxic substances for fish in aquariums. It can enrich in the water in case of insufficient biological filtration.
The sera NO2-Test allows monitoring the nitrite level in fresh and marine water easily and reliably.
Sufficient for approx. 75 measurements.
Nitrite is formed as an intermediate product during the breakdown of fish waste.
Too high nitrite levels endanger the fish.
Nitrite is formed from am-monium and is converted into nitrate by bacteria in a functioning filter.
Therefore also ammo-nium and nitrate should be checked regularly.
Directions for use:
Shake reagent bottle well before using!
Do not allow tested water to contact aquarium or pond water!
- Rinse the measurement vial several times with the water to be tested, then fill to the 5 ml mark. Dry the vial on the outside.
- Add 5 drops of reagent 1 into the vial and shake the vial until the liquid is evenly distributed.
- Compare the colors after 5 minutes: Place the vial on the color chart and compare the colors from a position above under natural daylight. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Match the resulting color on the color chart.
- Cleaning: Clean the vial thoroughly with tap water before and after each test. Close reagent bottles immediately after use and do not exchange caps.
|0.0 mg/l||Good, no action required|
Store at room temperature and away from light.
Keep locked up and out of the reach of children.
For testing ornamental fish aquariums and pond water only.