Continuum Aquatics Bacter Gen M 500ml
BacterGen M is a breakthrough microbial culture specifically designed for marine aquariums.
It contains a proprietary blend of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria that work together to quickly establish nitrifying biological filtration in new aquariums, greatly reducing the time it takes to cycle the system.
BacterGen M is also effective in established marine aquariums, where it can help to digest leftover food, decaying organic material, and detritus. This helps to improve water quality and reduce the risk of harmful ammonia and nitrite spikes.
Bacter Gen M is a breakthrough in microbial cultures and is specifically designed for marine aquariums.
Continuum Aquatics Bacter Gen M is a breakthrough microbial culture specifically designed for establishing and maintaining marine aquariums.
It is a non-sulfur fixing product that will reduce toxic hydrogen sulfide levels to near zero.
Bacter Gen M contains both aerobic and anaerobic microbes that will generate new populations and greatly increase existing bacterial populations to establish and accelerate nitrification and denitrification. This results in lower ammonia, nitrites, phosphates, nitrates, and organic pollutants.
Whereas most competing products, designed primarily for freshwater aquariums, rarely work well in saltwater environments, BacterGen M will quickly generate effective bacterial populations in seawater.
Bacter Gen M rapidly establishes nitrifying biological filtration in new marine aquariums, greatly reducing the time it takes to cycle the system.
It is also designed to deliver bacteria to digest leftover food, decaying organic material and detritus in established marine fish and reef aquariums, providing for a cleaner environment for your aquarium inhabitants.
You can use BacterGen M once a week to maintain a healthy aquarium environment.
If you are setting up a new aquarium, you may need to use BacterGen M more frequently, such as once a day, until the cycle is complete.
- To establish a new aquarium: Use 1 capful (5 ml) of Bacter Gen M for every 100 L (25 US gallons) of aquarium volume, daily for 2 weeks or longer, if necessary.
BacterGen M is a safe and effective product for establishing and maintaining marine aquariums.
- To reduce sludge and waste in a medium to heavily loaded aquarium: Use 1 capful (5 ml) of Bacter Gen M for every 25 US gallons (100 L) of aquarium volume daily as necessary.
It is a great way to improve the water quality and health of your aquarium inhabitants.
- To maintain a low nutrient aquarium or an established aquarium: Use 1 capful (5 ml) of Bacter Gen M for every 200L (50 US gallons) of aquarium volume once or twice a week.
Additional tips for using Bacter Gen M:
- Add Bacter Gen M to the aquarium during a water change. This will help to distribute the bacteria evenly throughout the tank.
- Do not add Bacter Gen M directly to the filter. This could damage the filter media.
- If you are using Bacter Gen M to establish a new aquarium, you may also want to use a product like Continuum's Reef Micro Fuel. This product will provide the bacteria with an organic carbon source, which they need to grow and multiply.
- Be patient. It may take several weeks for Bacter Gen M to fully establish itself in your aquarium. During this time, it is important to continue regular water changes and testing to ensure that the water quality is good.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Aquarium systems accumulate waste from uneaten food and other organic material.
Over time, this accumulation lowers water quality, releases toxic gases into the water, and creates sludge on the bottom.
The addition of a high quality microbe culture, such as Bacter Gen M will cause a rapid increase in the population of beneficial microorganisms with a resulting increase in water clarity and a drop in unbeneficial nutrients, particularly ammonia and nitrogen compounds as well as phosphates.
Continuum recommends that you consider using Reef Micro Fuel, along with the Bacter Gen M, as an organic carbon source to accelerate the growth and maintenance of both aerobic and anaerobic bacterial populations in your aquarium.