The Fluval C Series Power Filter is a high-performance filter that provides superior water quality for aquariums.
It features a 5-stage filtration system that removes debris, toxins, and waste, and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria.
First two stages of filtration are mechanical.
The first stage uses a thick layer of poly/foam to trap large debris. The foam slides out easily for quick cleaning, while the second stage uses activated carbon, located in an easily-manageable and removable basket, performs thorough chemical filtration and effectively removes toxins.
Third and fourth stages of filtration are biological.
The third stage uses a Bio-Screen pad to provide a large surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize, plus it blocks debris from entering the fourth stage of filtration which is a trickle chamber filled with C-Nodes that are super-charged for fast and efficient nitrification.
The final stage of filtration is a patented refiltration control system.
This system allows you to slow down the water output, creating a gentle flow to protect delicate fish and plants
It also increases water dwell time in the filter, which results in cleaner aquarium water.
The Power Filter's completely modular design allows you to manage each stage separately and make changes at different times to maintain continuous biological activity.
This results in a stress-free environment and ensures clear aquarium water.
- Extensive 5-stage filter produces clean, clear and healthy water for aquarium life to thrive
- Provide maximum surface area and optimum dwell times in all stages of the filtration process
- Two mechanical, one chemical and two biological filter chambers
- 2-stage mechanical filtration effectively traps large and fine debris
- Foam slides out easily for quick cleaning
- Activated carbon performs thorough chemical filtration and effectively removes toxins
- Bio-Screen pad provides massive biological surface area for friendly bacteria to colonize
- Trickle chamber filled with C-Nodes are super-charged for fast and efficient nitrification
- Also features a patented refiltration control system that lets you slow down the water output, creating a gentle flow to protect delicate fish and plants
- Slower water circulation increases water dwell time in the filter, resulting in cleaner aquarium water
- Completely modular design allows you to manage each stage separately and make changes at different times to maintain continuous biological activity
- Comes complete with a Poly/Foam, Activated Carbon, C-Nodes and Bio-Screen Pad