O2 Plus Air Blowers from Pond One are specifically designed for outdoor use and are resistant to the perils that extreme weather can throw at them.
Fitted with a 10m cable, installation is made simple in comparison to other models around.
O2 Plus machines are extremely powerful units.
With outputs of 35, 70 and 110 litres per minute these are suitable for seriously large ponds or filters to stimulate aerobic activity or simply to add more oxygen to multiple points around the pond.
With the design based upon the Aqua One indoor units, quietness is a given.
Outlet size is 1/2 inch.
Each unit comes with a 10 gang splitter allowing multiple air stones to be run simultaneously.
The diaphragms of these pumps are Japanese silicone rubber cartridges which offer excellent reliability and life expectancy.
Features & Benefits:
- High volume, high pressure pond air pump
- Enables connection of up to 10 air stones
- High grade long life silicone parts
- Twin air filters supply clean air to the pond by removing dust and pollution
- Aids in circulation of dead water spot
- 10m outdoor rated cable
1. Airlines can be run into the pond with air stones attached to the end, which will aid in the circulation of water in "dead spots". These are areas in the pond where water does not flow. As a result these areas become breeding grounds for algae and allow toxic gases like ammonia to accumulate. Extra circulation not only helps your fish to maintain their health but also aids in keeping the pond water clean by circulating anything which may have settled on the base to be picked up by the filtration system. Running airlines into the pond can also aid in providing oxygen in the event that the main filtration system fails.
2. Airstones should also be placed in the filtration system to boost the amount of oxygen in the water. This injection of oxygen will allow the nitrifying bacteria (which needs oxygen to survive to detoxify ammonia and nitrite) to perform more effectively in the break down of toxins and replenish oxygen used by this bacteria.